Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Locks of Love

I have been growing my hair out for about a year in preparation of donating it to Locks of Love.
Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics.
Once of my clients, the Girl Scouts of Nassau County, gave me this badge for my donation.
Here is my wet hair, drying on my heater in my office. My hairdresser, put it my hair into 2 ponytails so that it was easier to cut.
And here I am with my really short haircut. She cut about 11 inches off and then kept on snipping away. I feel much lighter now that I don't have any hair~

I hope that when Carolina and Elena and our future kids grow up they will be inspired to do good deeds and be someone's hero as I hope I am to them!
I love you Carolina and Elena!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Elena - What a wonderful thing you did, and you look great with your new short hair!!
Love you - Jill

Tracy and Brendan said...

You look great! Absolutely love it! Can't wait to see you in person tomorrow night... When you told me of your plans to do this, I was really impressed.. I love that you did this for such a great cause!

Janine said...

awesome! my neice did this a few years back... what a wonderful thing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new haircut. Looks great!