It has been over a week and Carolina does not take the pacifer. She use to only take it when she took a nap or when she went to sleep. She had two of them, her favorite red one needed to be thrown out. So she understood that it was dirty and she threw it out in the garbage. For months now I have been telling her that we need to mail it out to a little girl who needed one because her mommy and daddy can't buy one. She understood what I was saying but never really wanted to give it up. On the 4th of July we saw Aunt Tracy's niece (McKenna) who is 3 months (I think). Carolina loves babies and immediately tried to play with her. That weekend I told Carolina that we had to mail it to the little girl we saw at the party. She was so excited, so I got an envolope and had her help me write it out. We wrote:
To the little girl
From Carolina
At Bailey's Grandpa's house
We sealed it up and put it in the mailbox.
Later that day while the girls were playing outside with our neighbors I quickly took it out of the mailbox. Before we went inside I told her lets check the mailbox. When we looked inside and there was nothing inside she was so happy. She said now the little girl has a pacifer!!!
That night she asked for it once and I explained that we mailed it to the little girl and she was okay with it, no crying. She has been pacifer free ever since! However since then she doesn't really take a nap which is okay as she is at the age of no napping!
I happened to be flipping through the channels one night and started to watch Supernanny. And there was a little boy who was 4 or 5 years old who still had a pacifer. And the supernanny did this whole scenario and it worked. So I was like lets give it a try! Well it worked and I am grateful for the Supernanny. PS-I haven't watched it since!
Hopefully Elena will just as willing!
2 comments:
That is so cute that she sent it to Mckenna! Mckenna is 6 months old, by the way! I love Supernanny, too! Many of the methods she uses are ones I learned in Early Childhood/Psych courses in college,and also workshops I did as a preschool teacher.. I'm so proud of Carolina for choosing to give her beloved pacifier to another baby! So sweet!
Oh my...I didn't even realize McKenna is 6 mths old!!! Time flies...sorry about that
Post a Comment